Monday, July 13, 2009

I almost resent the whole fashion thing. Never wearing the same thing twice and all of those things. It’s a pain in the ass.
 --Jennifer Aniston

Ha! I had to laugh when I read this quote from Jennifer Aniston. There are many days when I want to walk out of the house in my workout shorts and flip flops, and there are some days that I do walk out of the house in workout shorts and flip flops (and sunglasses and a big hat). Looking put together every day is not nearly effortless. It takes planning, organization and creativity. There are some days (especially lately) when style is not necessarily a top priority. These days, we are more concerned with getting to work early enough and staying late enough so that we can keep our jobs. How sad!! 


However, if you are willing to set aside a few hours to go through your closet and reconfigure how your clothes are organized, I guarantee you will breathe new life into your wardrobe. You will also make it easier to put outfits together each day, getting you to work even earlier (Yaaay...)  Take a baby step: hang all of your pants next to each other in the closet; then hang your skirts side-by-side; are you getting the picture? Once you have organized things in this way, you can take a blouse off the rack and hold it over your pants and skirts until you get a match that you like. 


Too easy? Ok, smarty. Take out a skirt, a pair of pants and a few different tops. Try to make a week’s worth of outfits with those pieces. You can use any accessories and shoes that you like to change things up each day. How did you do? Give me some comments about your experience!


I'm working on the 10 items you need in your closet and will post it soon, I promise!!


No comments:

Post a Comment