Wednesday, July 1, 2009

To jump or not to jump?

SO....I went on a shopping venture this past weekend, and among the sparsely filled racks, I found a few interesting items. One that caught my eye was the jumpers, rompers, onsies, top-attached-to-shorts, or whatever terminology you would like to use. I don't mean a jumper as in what you would call a sweater if you lived in England. I mean jumper like the pictures on the left. Shorts or pants attached to top.

Now, I LOVE this idea. Not having to come up with a top AND bottom for an outfit, but having it all in one piece that you simply step into?? Sign me up. However, I was completely terrified of the length of these things. There just didn't seem to be enough bottom to balance out the top.

I have just crossed the comfort zone line with most of you, I would guess. Never fear, we will soon return to the more practical fashion entries. But for now, I'm pushing the envelope and looking for comments from you regarding the romper. Would you wear something like this? I think they look totally cute when done the right way and with the correct fit: a key element to successfully pulling off the romper.

In addition to the jumpsuits, I saw a bouquet of flowers on everything. Flower printed dresses, blouses, skirts, pants, bermudas....no item of clothing was safe from the flower print. I don't mind a good flower print (not in the Laura Ashley sense of the word, mind you) every now and again, but seeing a bunch of different flower prints in one store was a little more than I could take.

Value tip from the day: The store Fab'rik has very cute pieces for your money. The sizes vary; some run small and others run a bit large, so you definitely have to try on and see what works. There are a few locations in NC, VA, TX, and GA (among others).

Bad fashion from the day: As I was walking through one store, I noticed a girl in what looked like her pajamas. Apparently, life was too rough that morning to change out of the clothes in which she had just slept. In addition to wearing the pajama pants, she had them slouched down so low, I saw directly down the back of them through to her feet. I really could have done without that show first thing in the morning, ya know? Maybe she could have used a jumper!

No comments:

Post a Comment